Do you want to send switching signals over the network? Not a problem with the W&T Web-IO digital models, for example #57730.
Whether gate control at the company entrance, the nurse call system in a hospital, or alarm switches on the cold store or furnace – there are many places where there is a need to send switching signals over longer distances. Simply use the local network as a transmission path to get around the cabling mess.
Once the following steps are completed, the outputs on the one Web-IO follow the inputs on the other 1:1 – in both directions.
Some advantages of the Box-to-Box solutions are:
- In a full TCP/IP infrastructure Box-to-Box solutions also work between networks, i.e. through routers.
- When locations change no great rewiring is required. All you need to do is connect the affected Web-IO to the network at the new location and change the IP parameters.
- Box-to-Box connections are secured by the TCP protocol. When a connection is lost, for example from a network disturbance, the Web-IOs find each other again without any administrative intervention.
- When correspondingly configured, similar to wire break protection, a safe state for the outputs is determined when the network connection is lost.
- Current signal states can be queried at any time using the Web interface.